Random Cool Stuff 2010

stay up to date on what's going on
Doopliss

Re: Yo check this out yo

Post by Doopliss »

I will try doing stuff with all the new character, other than maybe T.Hawk and Hakan. I have some basic stuff I want to try with them though.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Persona

Post by Persona »

Ah, I tried T.Hawk for about 30 minutes. The only combo I could find is FA, MK, rdp PP, dp PP. d PP lol. Also tried some Juri, too hard to use her on pad for me.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

There's a risk that I won't get the game until may 7th because of the fukcing eruption in iceland D: But I have found some really interesting mechanics that I will try to abuse with the new characters.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
error1

Post by error1 »

Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

http://www.youtube.com/user/StreetfighterLegacy

How good is this?!? The trailer is great and these guys are doing a great job. You think they would get a look at from some benefactor to maybe make a full movie?? Or even if someone from SRK that has weight to maybe get them some help.....it would be a shame if nothing comes of it.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I been digging this musician/comedian:
- CH Live: NYC - Reggie Watts
- Reggie Watts 05/08/2009 'I Just Want To'
- Reggie Watts: F_ck Sh_t Stack

And so I attempted to do a portrait of him here.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

I dont really like that sorta music but that shit was quality. I guess the concept on how he gets his beats is different. Im also surprised that you can have a vid like that on youtube.

Was that actually reggie that commented on your pic?
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Yeah I think so, he has a twitter account and i linked it there.

Thinking about it though, it probably seems a bit creepy since I made his fro look like a heart, haha. Oh well.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Has anyone seen any videos of Guile using shades of glory in entertaining situations?
error1

Post by error1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-FYQ1rKDHw#t=8m30s
I think this round was the only time I've seen a guile use it in a real match
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/547/lolprx.jpg

here is that picture i mentioned
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

That's missing the Guilty Gear fans with pictures of goth emo / punk rockers.
Maj

Post by Maj »

That's gamist!
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

y is tekken repped by clowns??
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:y is tekken repped by clowns??
I assume because juggles. The clowns are juggling. And because Tekken is really silly. I mean seriously, laserbeam eyes and bouncing sheep and Heihachi in a fundoshi.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I don'y get the representation for SF fans.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Smileymike101 wrote:I don'y get the representation for SF fans.
The look is really 80's. It's implying the SF players are living in the past. They try to act cool but it's really passe. That, and probably also that all the SF OG's are old fogies by now.

It could have been more blatant/obvious with the 80s thing though, it's kinda subtle. IMO there should also be a stereotypical looking chinese dude with a wide brimmed hat and thick glasses next to the mexicans in the sombreros for the KoF fans panel.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Xenozip. wrote:
Smileymike101 wrote:I don'y get the representation for SF fans.
The look is really 80's. It's implying the SF players are living in the past. They try to act cool but it's really passe. That, and probably also that all the SF OG's are old fogies by now.

It could have been more blatant/obvious with the 80s thing though, it's kinda subtle. IMO there should also be a stereotypical looking chinese dude with a wide brimmed hat and thick glasses next to the mexicans in the sombreros for the KoF fans panel.
mind = blown

I thought it meant they were cool because of the sunglasses 8) (wouldn't SF players be stuck in the 90s?)
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hey Magnetro, as a Marvel player did you ever feel pressured to join a gang?

Also, where are the Mortal Kombat fans? They basically got voted off the island by an empty chair.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

CPS2 wrote:(wouldn't SF players be stuck in the 90s?)
I forget what the 90s even looked like. (/me goes to watch a bunch of 90s pop music videos on u2be [oh god the horror])

Yeah SF2 was 90s but those old enough to play it at that time were 80s kids (or late 70s) who grew up with controllers in their hands and were old enough to go to arcades by themselves. It's hard to consider the younger console gamers as part of that scene/era because they undoubtedly played other games too (not just devout fighting gamers) and were thumbing pads at that time just playing casually with neighborhood friends and siblings. Some of them eventually wandered in, but yeah..
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

I thought the SF players were just new kid douchebags. Like the kind you see at arcades playing SF4 in Cal--oh wait.

Uh, as a Marvel player, that image is pretty accurate -- but no, i wasn't pressured to join a gang. Maj, did you ever beat IM2 Demo??
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Hi juggles yes, but to say that Tekken is the only silly game?!? No, they are all silly if you use those examples.
onReload

Post by onReload »

The SF fans don't look 80s or even 90s to me, they just look like hipsters...'cause nowadays it's cool and acceptable etc. (popular really) to play Street Fighter. The point of images like these is to make fun of everyone.
SlimX

Post by SlimX »

Xenozip. wrote:That, and probably also that all the SF OG's are old fogies by now.
Hey, I resemble that remark
"Man, you being proud of me got in the way, bitch!"
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I thought being passe sort of was making fun of it. Kind of like how a depiction of disco attire is now comical.
Dark_Chaotix wrote:Hi juggles yes, but to say that Tekken is the only silly game?!? No, they are all silly if you use those examples.
Yeah every game has a bit of sillyness to it, but I only know one that has yodeling BGM and physics-ignoring sheep. lol

I mean Virtua Fighter and King of Fighters is pretty tame by comparison. Though I'd say Melty Blood is the most silly of all, but it's easier to make fun of the MB fans for being otaku. Humor isn't necessarily a bad thing anyway.
onReload

Post by onReload »

So, like a lot of people, I'm a bit interested in KoF (and most fighting games to boot), but so many times I find myself trying to remember which game is which, when seen in a combo or exhibition video. So, I put together this little collage; sizes don't always match so it's not pretty and there's always a lot going on at the top of arcade games (score and "press start" etc), but you get the idea.

I didn't put what year is which yet, I'm thinking of just stamping the year over the countdown since that number is probably confusing enough, but as this is incomplete with the absence of KOF XI and XII (soon, XIII), it might as well stay that way...and I assume you can all count from '94 to '03 ;)

Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

would of been cool if you keep the terry athena theme.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yeah, I should have. I just went with default first fights, and I think when I had a choice in 2k2, I picked Psycho Soldier, only to get Kensou. Erf. Funny that you seem to start out by beating up girls most of the time.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Can you change the timer to make them start from 99? If so, you could actually use the timer to indicate which year it was. Great idea though.

(Don't you love it when someone suggests helluva extra work for you?)
onReload

Post by onReload »

^ thought about that too, it may happen. of course, it becomes kind of problematic when you hit the roman numerals - if you were to put XI as 11 on the timer, it would go from 94 - 99, then 00, 01, 02, 03, 11, 12, 13...kinda weird. but yeah it's a cool idea. i had a few others, like showing if the lifebar will flash, or what it looks like when you get hit (94 has that weird green color) for instance.