Challenge 11: Sonic Breakers Sound Off

what... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Maj

Challenge 11: Sonic Breakers Sound Off

Post by Maj »

Combo three ground projectiles with any character in SFA2. Super moves don't count towards the requirement. No reflected projectiles allowed. No Custom Combo usage permitted whatsoever. Valid entries are worth two points. One accepted entry per person. Once an entry has been accepted, the performing character becomes ineligible for subsequent submissions.
Dammit

Re: Challenge 11: Sonic Breakers Sound Off

Post by Dammit »

here's a little montage of fail =(
http://www.mediafire.com/?kkmqzmywngn

If the second one can't hit trade or hit meaty, I got nothin.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah this one's a lot more limited than i originally thought. The way i imagined it working was flawed because i tested the setup in pieces and it doesn't quite come together when you try to unite them. That's what i get for rushing. I tried a bunch of stuff last night and today but nothing worked.

I don't want to say this challenge is impossible, but it's damn close under the rules. It might be possible if you use one reflected Akuma LP air fireball as an interrupt but that could be against the rules depending on how strictly they're interpreted.

Charlie could have easily done it if he could link anything after Sonic Boom, but his Sonic Booms are terrible in A2. He can only link afterwards against certain crouching characters which means you're still stuck after two.

Thanks for going through the trouble of recording that though. I like videos of combos not working almost as much as combo videos.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

The video gave me a couple more ideas but, blah, nothing's working.

I am just done with this one.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, if you want to see the original concept setup, here it is.

It's like 6-7 frames away from working, but that's only because there's like a 10-frame lockout between when the first fireball collides and when Ryu is allowed to throw another one. Most SF games aren't like that but i guess they were trying to be really careful with that in A2 for some reason.

Tested it with Sagat too, using LK low FB and Rose's s.LP shadow to interrupt, followed by lvl1 hotfoot for transportation, then tried pretty much everything. But again no luck because of the lockout.

Anyway it's kind of a neat little setup, bound to be useful for some Alpha Counter shenanigans at the very least.
Neophos

Post by Neophos »

Reminds me of some of the stuff Neophos was doing before he mysteriously disappeared.
I guess I kinda did, didn't I?

Anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAE4dmnCHSA

With classic emulator sheeeeeeting, this is possible. It's still amazingly tight - Completely impossible without the cheat unless there's a way easier setup I've missed.

I've tried the setup with Ryu you posted, but I couldn't get it to work. Alpha's hitstun from projectiles seem to be really short.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Sweet. Hella shady methodm, but since there doesn't seem to be any other way of doing it - two points for you, sir. Haha i like how you had to bust out the SNES version though.
Neophos

Post by Neophos »

Oh, it oughta be possible on arcade using the same trick, it's just that I'm way more used to working with the SNES one, so I can get something like this done much faster. Even with the trick, it's amazingly tight. From what I remember, there's only a two-frame window where both the spacing for the attack and the time for the charge matched up. Without the trick... I guess "challenge" is appropriate, to put it simply.
error1

Post by error1 »

I don't know of an arcade emulator that allows L+R tricks