"Crouching Wrestler, Hidden Potential", a SFIV Combo Video

video previews, releases, and feedback
Doopliss

"Crouching Wrestler, Hidden Potential", a SFIV Combo Video

Post by Doopliss »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZNPN_6fnyc

My final SFIV combo video (unless there's some "infinite super meter combo video" in the future or smthn), where I focus on doing combos on crouching Honda and Zangief, which doesn't work on any other characters (to my knowing). There's also a lot of combos on standing Abel and js.LPing Dhalsim.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Pokey86

Re: "Crouching Wrestler, Hidden Potential", a SFIV Combo Vid

Post by Pokey86 »

wow, great combos... liked the Fei long combo, (MP MP MP Super) Vega combo, Sakura cmbo... Hell they were all pretty good. (Nice 5 hit EX Air Tatsu :P )

I think the Seth combo just before the 6th minute sold it for me though.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

that c.MP x4 xx Super was WAY harder than it looks, I almost went mad (you have to cancel the 4th c.MP on the 2nd frame)

And well, it's 4 hit air EX tatsu, I just wanted to play around with Kara EX Tatsu XD

Overall, I'm happy with it. I could have removed some basic 2-in-1s, but whatever.

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Doopliss wrote:that c.MP x4 xx Super was WAY harder than it looks, I almost went mad (you have to cancel the 4th c.MP on the 2nd frame)

And well, it's 4 hit air EX tatsu, I just wanted to play around with Kara EX Tatsu XD

Overall, I'm happy with it. I could have removed some basic 2-in-1s, but whatever.
Yeah i had enough problems with Fei's HArd Trial & that was only two MP's. & yeah Tatsu was a typo, i know it only hits 4 times >_<

But yeah some pretty unique stuff there, i also liked the Balrog combo ending with Super

J.HP -> Cl.HK -> Cr.HP -> Super

I didn't know you could cancel Crouch HP with super. Nice!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Me neither, until I checked the frame data.

Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Man, a lot of brutal combos here!
All the vid contains interesting (and sometimes amazing) stuff. Great work... Using only a "semi broken 360 pad"??? Wow, doopliss, I dont want to know what you can do with an arcade stick in your hands :shock: hehehehe...

I knew that after the Seth´s 3Xstamp, in a jumping opponent, you can do the EX tandem (because you said to me!) but I never tested it... Looks cool.

I was trying to test some stuff with Seth, but now I havent time to work in combos. I think my last Seth combo is one with 66hits, and its old... I know you are a great Seth player, and you know almost maybe all about him, so I tell you some things that i was testing. If you have time, and if you want, try to test it.

I know that you can connect the Ultra after a Stun, using a SB before the ultra... The Ultra hits, and after, the dummy is still stunned... So, its possible to connect Ultra, and then Super. Ok. But I was trying to use that with the unblockable superfreeze combo. When you do it, the SB hits, isnt? Its possible to use it to stun an opponent after a combo?
For example, against Guile, to make a 850 stun combo that ends with a good opportunity to connect the unblockable superfreeze; the SB Stuns, and then Ultra connect. In some situations (no super meter, no evade movements) it would be combo?...
(nurse, my pill please!)

Another thing is the EX tandem after a SB. If someone jumps over a SB, you can do EX tandem and connects. That is not new. But sometimes, the SB can interrupt some especial moves, and then to make the EX tandem would be a nice set up. You can also make cHP, SB, EX tandem, cHP, sB, EX tandem if you are in the correct place, near the wall.
If you are bored :wink: ...
Raine

Post by Raine »

Oh man awesome vid, a great way to farewell SF4. So many interesting combos, but my favs were Ken hpdp->super->ultra, Sakura walking jabs, Gouken vs Ryu, Claw vs Gief, Dan CH s.HK, Seth SB to j.MP and both Fei vids.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Tigre III wrote: I know that you can connect the Ultra after a Stun, using a SB before the ultra... The Ultra hits, and after, the dummy is still stunned... So, its possible to connect Ultra, and then Super. Ok. But I was trying to use that with the unblockable superfreeze combo. When you do it, the SB hits, isnt? Its possible to use it to stun an opponent after a combo?
For example, against Guile, to make a 850 stun combo that ends with a good opportunity to connect the unblockable superfreeze; the SB Stuns, and then Ultra connect. In some situations (no super meter, no evade movements) it would be combo?...
(nurse, my pill please!)
Well, it seems that guile can mash normals during wake-up to be able to block the SB (or something like that), and if that is the case, it's not a combo. Otherwise, doing a 850 stun combo ending in back throw followed by stunning Unblockable is viable, but only if Guile try to backdash or something else that makes him get hit by the ultra before the SB. I actually recorded a combo like that, but I accidentally deleted my files, so I didn't feel like recording it again (It was hard enough the first time because the fraps demo has a 30 second record limit)
Remxi wrote:Oh man awesome vid, a great way to farewell SF4. So many interesting combos, but my favs were Ken hpdp->super->ultra, Sakura walking jabs, Gouken vs Ryu, Claw vs Gief, Dan CH s.HK, Seth SB to j.MP and both Fei vids.
Thanks. Sakura's jab combo is one of my favorites as well.