SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

video previews, releases, and feedback
onReload

Re: SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

Post by onReload »

Yeah I asked first about Seth's EX Shoryu or else I would do jump in, cr.HP, EX Shoryu (for like 7 hits?), EX Tanden, then just smack the dummy one more time.
error1

Post by error1 »

onReload wrote: EX Shoryu (for like 7 hits?)
Seths ex shoryu only has three inputs it's just the last input does 4 hits
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

error1 wrote:you said "combo ten or more different moves" if it doesn't add to the combo meter then does it combo? I don't think so
Well, apparently doing something like "Hadoken xx FADC -> c.LP" counts as 3 moves.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Surprisingly enough, it hasn't become an issue yet. There was one Ryu combo that didn't make it because he tried to count regular FB and EX FB separately, but FADC didn't save him because he started the combo with lvl3 Focus Attack.

Anyway the way i figure it'll go down is someone will do a cool combo using a whiffed move, then i'll have to explain that non-hitting moves count too, then i guess we'll start counting FADC's. I admit it would be kinda lame if FADC was the first submitted/accepted instance of this aspect.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Btw Maj, that Gen theme, is that his SSFIV theme or just some remix?

Maj

Post by Maj »

It's actually Gen's stage theme from the SFA2 Gold soundtrack. I read that Gen's SFA2G theme is supposed to be the same as his SFA2 theme, but i'm not 100% sure. Normally i cap it directly from the sound menu through Kawaks or whatever, but in SFA2's case they put a 15-second time limit on music playback for some reason.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Ok, I just wondered, because I heard that Gen's theme is quite similar to the original, it played during a stream.

Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Just found a stupid solution, I hope it counts.

Dhalsim: Ultra at max range, whiff 7 moves, Ultra hits, Yoga fire xx Super.

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Umm.I don't think that counts, because you have to wiff the moves during a combo, so that means that yoga catastrophe must hit first, and you can't wiff 7 moves during it.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I will include it in my compilation video anyways, in slo-mo for the lulz.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah i'm with Smileymike's interpretation on this one, cuz otherwise anyone can do a slow fireball from across the stage and mash jumping buttons while chasing it across the stage. You can't really say the combo has begun until the first hit connects. But i'm really glad you included it in a video with valid solutions so i could accept it without having to play rule police. Text placement is awesome.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

We are on challenge 8 and still no Sagat legit response for challenge 7.Help?Maj?
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Smileymike101 wrote:We are on challenge 8 and still no Sagat legit response for challenge 7.Help?Maj?
What was challenge 7 again?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Sorry dude, i honestly haven't had a chance to test anything with Sagat yet. I'd probably try something like counterhit high FB, c.LP xx FB xx lvl2 Focus Attack xx dash backward, LP FB (crumple knockdown), HK FB, EX FB or maybe just counterhit high FB, c.LP xx FB xx FADC, blah xx FB xx lvl2 Focus Attack xx dash backward, LK FB (crumple knockdown), HK FB. But i'm totally guessing here.
error1

Post by error1 »

Maj wrote:]lvl2 Focus Attack xx dash backward, LP FB (crumple knockdown), HK FB, EX FB
That won't work beacuse low tiger shot hardly knocks the opponent up at all so am pritty sure you don't have enough time to do anything afterwords.
That said your second one should totally work

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF-1K2k0Zjg happy now smiley
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Yes :D
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Pokey86 wrote:
speaking of Seth... Outside of infinites, whats the longest Combo possible in the game, i would presumeSeth would take it, you can get 62 without much effort, i doubt Akumas loop could be abused enough to break it. & with a bit of extra effort i think i could probably get 63.

If you do his Hyakaretsu interrupt does it still count as 17 hits? if so then hitting 3 of them in one combo would almost seal the deal.
Its possible to get 66 hits with Seth without using Ultra

http://www.filefront.com/16074445/seth-66-hits.AVI

Nice idea about Hyakaretsu... And maybe the Stun count works too... I ll try it.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I don't think that works, hyakuretsu intrerrupted does nothing.Akuma air fireball vs seth.Remember?Akuma doesn't get hit, he just float's there.
error1

Post by error1 »

It's really hard to exclude infinities, Chuns fireball loop for example is almost infinite on a crouching boxer, you can get around 11 hits without spending any meter, have that dizzy him and do this loop on him when he gets up fadcing twice to keep in range and then end it ultra ( has the same startup as her sweep ). I bet she could get around 80 hits

edit: or better yet just dizzy him with the above loop and I bet you could make it a 99 hit combo
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah, no sense beating around the bush. Just say "no infinte characters" and be done with it.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Ok, i didnt remember the hyakuretsu interrupt properties. Only add one free hit to any combo against Akuma. And a little damage, nothing more.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Weird, it seems like Akuma's ultra demon causes one less hit when it connects post-KO. Did that happen to you too, Doopliss? The numbers are too blurry to make out in your u2b clip.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Thats very peculiar, what changes post knockdown? Everything that normally causes stun causes float knockdown. everything that causes reset causes standard knockdown. doesn't answer anything though
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Maj wrote:Weird, it seems like Akuma's ultra demon causes one less hit when it connects post-KO. Did that happen to you too, Doopliss? The numbers are too blurry to make out in your u2b clip.
I have no idea, it was so long ago, I barely knew what a mix-up was back then XD

Maj

Post by Maj »

How come i haven't seen Bison do lvl2/lvl3 Focus Attack xx dash forward, stomp in any combovids? It's pretty easy and works on a bunch of characters.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hm, i'm not sure Bison can do two ultras against Dhalsim. The Psycho Crusher animation reaches so far forward that he ends up pretty far away from the Yoga Catastrophe orb when he first runs into it. So if it is possible, you probably won't get much more than two or three hits of Bison's ultra. I might record that for the DVD if i get bored but i don't think it's gonna look that cool.

Also, i think Mienaikage tried to post a 700 Class response using SSF4 Guile. Not sure how to handle that but i think it's better to leave it restricted to vanilla SF4. What do you guys think?
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

I don't see why not, only downside is the possible duplicates you'll get. Certainly i doubt you made the challenge with SFIV in mind, but with all the debuffs on alot of moves, i imagine it's meant to be harder to do a 700 combo on SSFIV I'd say allow it personally)

Also, great vid for Bison/Akuma, loved the Second bison combo with the teleport -> FA, also you backdashed in to super... i had no idea that was even possible. As for the Akuma ones, the Rufus dragging one was nuts. & the Sagat one is certainly reaching the pinnacle of how high you could get the combo counter without usiing a genuine infinite, that said i was surprised you didn't decide to do a whiffed SRK or soemthing to get one more EX bar (You was a fraction away) then start the following Zanku -> FA with an EX Zanku instead. Would have added one extra hit i imagine, or do you think 86 can be further exceeded?

Triple Shaku FTW

I'm also curious... Why did you thank Ed Ma? I mean i know he's an Akuma player (Or was, does he still go at it?) I know you kind of thank in a rather spurious manner, but still.
Last edited by Pokey86 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Maj you are arrested because of the excessive amount of epicness the last bison combo and last akuma combo had. Lol they are amazing.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hm, i don't think it's possible to get that extra meter unless you do a lot more reps of s.HK after the dizzy. If you want to rebuild it right after the dizzy, you'd have to whiff like four uppercuts which would break flow. It's probably possible but that combo isn't 100% optimized anyway. I mean i spent a lot of time on it but someone's gonna get over 90 hits eventually. Like i started with 6 s.HK reps then couldn't get more than 4. Someone will figure that out and restructure the combo to create more stun room. It might even be possible to get an extra s.HK rep at the end, but i couldn't do it because i needed two jabs to set up ultrademon. The buffer period before the second jab comes out gives you enough time to complete the command. Otherwise his jab is too fast and his s.LK has crap range.

As for Edma, if you look at the EX red FB at 1:40, you can see there's extra red stuff around him. He told me about that a looooooong time ago, back when we were filming his appearance on the Dogface Show. He was also the first person to tell me about Bison's ultra interrupt, but i think he just saw that on u2b before me.

Anyway SF4 lets you kara-cancel stuff into other stuff (but you only have one frame to cancel). It seems that multi-button moves are on a higher priority tier than single-button moves. So you can do stuff like EX blah xx ultra and you get one frame of EX armor before the ultra.

Well, it turns out Akuma can kara-cancel red FB into a lot of stuff - EX moves, teleport, and so on. He doesn't get any meter for it and there's no functional benefit, but those red waves happen to show up on the first frame. So Edma showed me you can kara-cancel red FB into EX Hurricane Kick and it'll have red stuff. Or you can cancel red FB into EX red FB and it'll have double red stuff. Useless but cool.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

I'm sure whiffed specials even mid combo (During stun) have the same style gain as normal whiffed specials. That said you're right about the whole breaking flow thing, even when people do whiffed attacks they tend to do them in a way that incorperates getting in to position. So it's fair point.

& yeah i remember seeing a while ago in a forum somewhere about them cancelling Ref fireballs in to EX SRK or soemthing, that said i never believed it. I guess it's true. Doesn't make sense though, Shaku doesn't have Armour? (I thought it was only armour moves like Abels Rekka or Rogs dash etc)

Lastly some pointless stuff, i remeber when i was messing around for my 09'er CV that Akuma can do neutral jump LP fireballs on Sagat then hit him with a Close MK & proceed with HK (LP fireball hits sagat from behind) that said mid screen the HK hits at near enough it's furthest range, but close to the corner it can allow a deeper strike. Don't know why i'm adding that, just some Random Trivia

I also remember watching a fight in which someone did Far HK -> Sweep, no counter hit or single hitting far HK, it was exactly Far HK -> Sweep. I have no idea how they did that, i guess you can hit the HK on it's later active frames but by god i've never seen that achieved :P