SF4 Combo Video Timeline

video previews, releases, and feedback
Smileymike101

Re: SF4 Combo Video Timeline

Post by Smileymike101 »

Not everyone who watches subscribes.Actually just few subsribe.I myself, for example, watch daily like 10 channels i am not subsribed to.Man, if we made friends with Shane Dawson or DarkSydePhil, that woud help a lot.Anyone wanna contact DSP? :lol:
error1

Post by error1 »

I find it strange that the combo responses I do normally get between 800-2000 views when the challenge video maj posts gets 30+k views. This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aRv-b0vnd8 has 2365 views, u2b says 834 are from the referenced video, majs video has 33400 views. That means only 2.5% of the people who watched majs video bothered to check the responses.
I expect the way u2b does responses now to lower this number
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

New youtube sucks, now it doesn't even show video responses properly.In the old version, they kinda stand out, saying hey check this one too, but now, you gotta search like a lot for them.I think i'll have like 20-30 views on the next challenge response because of this fucked up new youtube.There is a youtube stuff thread, but i don't think SF4 combo video timeline is going to be that used anymore anyways.
@error1: well, it also depends when you posted for 2 reasons.First, the views get high from begging then slow down.So like after 2 days it has 20k views, and will just slowly progress after.Also, depending on when everyone posts, you video will not remain highlighted for too long, as only the last 6 responses are shown on the first page of responses, and usually people dont bother to scroll the page.But this new youtube, i don't know what to say.It's just fucked up and sucks.

Also, I am so disappointed no one got a legit solution for "fireworks" with Sagat.I mean, we got it for every fireball character, except Sagat, the KING of muai thai? WTF?Dooplis. error1, onreload ,anyone?Heck, MAJ?Just say an idea and some of us will record it and post it and say we didn't work together like at all :) .
If it was SSF4, he could have just add Tigger cannon after the 4 tiger shots that we can get now.
Last edited by Smileymike101 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Yes, with ultra 2, it would be easy. I would give it a shot If it weren't for the fact that Sagat is one of the characters I know the least about.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

You're missing the point. How many people would make it through 10 straight minutes of SF4 combos, then click on a follow-up video that's also 10 minutes long?

Sonic Hurricane Guile Combo Video Part 1 = 47,633 views
Sonic Hurricane Guile Combo Video Part 2 = 17,923 views
Sonic Hurricane Guile Combo Video Part 3 = 14,304 views

Various Fighting Games - Ode to the 2 Hit Combo (Part 1/3) = 10,053 views
Various Fighting Games - Ode to the 2 Hit Combo (Part 2/3) = 4,475 views
Various Fighting Games - Ode to the 2 Hit Combo (Part 3/3) = 3,161 views

Also, why haven't you written up something interesting about your video to try to get it on the front page of SRK? Making a good video and making a video that gets lots of views are two different tasks. Just because you made a good video doesn't mean your work is done.

error1 wrote:I find it strange that the combo responses I do normally get between 800-2000 views when the challenge video maj posts gets 30+k views.
No, most people only bother looking through the three or four most recent responses. If a video gets 5 responses a day, yours will only show up near the top for about a day. You can try to be one of the last responses ever posted but then you'll miss most of the traffic surge.

Either way, no video response is ever going to get anywhere above 25% view count transfer from the video it was posted under. Think of it like, all these people are watching a video - some of them have an AIM conversation to get back to, some of them have other stuff open in other browser tabs, some of them didn't even like the video, some of them fell asleep, and then only some of them are gonna click through to watch the responses.
error1

Post by error1 »

I Tried a lot with Sagat and he can get four fairly easy without dizzy but I don't see 5. Trade and meaty setups don't help him much because he can straight up link a mp tiger into a hp tiger at the right range. His main problem is that his only move under 5 frames has no range so he can't do mid meaty combos, and zangief is the only crouching character he can hit with a high tiger

edit:
I'm not complaining, my five part fallout 3 speedrun has 12191 on the first vid, 7112 on the second and 6,201 on the last. Around half see the first vid and decided it's not what they want to watch. I just found the people who watch the responses exceptionally small.
Last edited by error1 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Maj wrote: Also, why haven't you written up something interesting about your video to try to get it on the front page of SRK? Making a good video and making a video that gets lots of views are two different tasks. Just because you made a good video doesn't mean your work is done.
Yeah, I should do that as a "last breath from SF4" thing, considering the vid didn't appear on SRK so it would be new for a lot of people, but i am so pressed with high school right now.Our teachers are killing us on a daily basis, and the weekend is my only piece of heaven, and i keep saying that this weekend i do it, but never do so.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

error1 wrote:I Tried a lot with Sagat and he can get four fairly easy without dizzy but I don't see 5. Trade and meaty setups don't help him much because he can straight up link a mp tiger into a hp tiger at the right range. His main problem is that his only move under 5 frames has no range so he can't do mid meaty combos, and zangief is the only crouching character he can hit with a high tiger
Also LP tiger to MP tiger combo from some distances, so isn't there a way to do like meaty LP shot, MP shot, HP shot FADC EX shot, EX shot?
Or isn't there a range where high tiger mid combo travels 1 frame, and is in range for cr jab?cause that would give +3,enough to link it.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Meaty (woke up into) tiger shot, link another one, FADC, another one (would you have to link a normal and then cancel? i don't know sagat well), FADC, another one, then...uhh...yeah. i'm guessing the "right range" to link two tiger shots is not right up in the character's face...is it?
error1

Post by error1 »

Smileymike101 wrote: Also LP tiger to MP tiger combo from some distances, so isn't there a way to do like meaty LP shot, MP shot, HP shot FADC EX shot, EX shot?
You need to be much closer to link with a mp tiger then you do to link with a hp so this doesn't work.
Smileymike101 wrote: Or isn't there a range where high tiger mid combo travels 1 frame, and is in range for cr jab?cause that would give +3,enough to link it.
his c. lp has 0 range and you need to be really far away to do a meaty tiger shot because of how far out he sticks his hands
Last edited by error1 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Intrerupt setup with rose or guile?Could it work?Does Tiger shot have at least 3 more frames of hitstun than soul spark?
error1

Post by error1 »

All fireballs cause at least 22 frames hitstun and tiger only has 20 frames of recovery, need dudley's rose
The closest I came I used in this kara TU combo http://www.filefront.com/15769969
managed to link a lp tiger into an mp tiger at max range but still way to close for a hp tiger
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Can't you link into EX projectile x2 or something?

error1

Post by error1 »

Doopliss wrote:Can't you link into EX projectile x2 or something?
Sure, anytime you could link hp tiger you could link ex instead
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

maybe you can find a way to link 2 projectiles, FADC if needed, then link a projectile to ex projectile x2.

Or maybe even 1-hit EX projectile -> Low tiger shot -> EX projectile.

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Needs....Tiger....Cannon.....

Edit: Guys, we really need to do this.