Macro Usage + Other Emulator Tips and Tricks

reference materials and general how-to information
Rufus

Re: Macro Usage + Other Emulator Tips and Tricks

Post by Rufus »

gilley wrote:So anyone using any kind of keyboard macro program besides AutoHotkey and AutoIT? They're both kind of crappy and constantly give me random results when I make macros with them. I'm using these as a basis to discover rules about SF4(26 frame input for charge ultras) and it would suck to be wrong because the program I'm using is wrong. Am I correct in assuming everyone gets random inputs too, like dropped inputs, etc.?
If HDR is any indication, you basically have to leave the button in its state for a full frame in order for the change in input to be read if you can, try to hold for 2 instead. If you're having issues,you might try doing stuff like fancy button patterns in practice mode with input display on before you try combos. It's really hard to get consistent high precision timing on a preemptive multitasking system.
Raine

Post by Raine »

I'm using AutoIT and waste a lot of time rerunning the macro because something was off by a frame and thus didn't connect. Anything like a fullscreen fireball setup or tight positioning it gets to the point where the script is failing 90% of the time due to random error. It's really frustrating and makes me hardly bother with SF4 combos. We need a holy-grail ppad that works perfectly on every system. :lol:
error1

Post by error1 »

Remxi wrote: It's really frustrating and makes me hardly bother with SF4 combos. We need a holy-grail ppad that works perfectly on every system. :lol:
not going to happen, the only way your going to get better then that is with emulation
Have you tried plinking the inputs?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Remxi wrote:We need a holy-grail ppad that works perfectly on every system. :lol:
I'll finish that right after I get done with the "do what I want" button on my controller mod.
gilley

Post by gilley »

OK, well at least I know it's not just me or my computer. It's not just button inputs that get dropped, it's all inputs, even the directions. I usually to leave a 17ms sleep time on my inputs but it still drops the inputs sometimes. Anyone try one of those Logitech programmable keyboards?