SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Re: SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

Post by Maj »

Pokey86 wrote:That was ace, i moaned a while ago saying it's a shame Jyasen (Gens Roll) coudln't be FADC's... Noty surprising you work around it :P I also had no idea you could cancel the last hit in to Ultra, is that only for the LP version or can you do that on a HP Roll, that'd be a fantastic hit confirm in to Mantis Super, seeing as his Roll is safe on block. & also, did you prolong the Hands before you did MK hands again? I always thought you could only do the shortest activation if you wanted to combo from it.
You can cancel all hits of Gen's roll, but the problem is you can't switch stances during an attack. The switch doesn't happen until he hits neutral state. So you can never do something like PPP:s.MK xx roll or roll xx HP super. The only thing you can cancel into is kick super and that's totally useless during ground combos unless roll kills them and the super grabs post-KO. You can also FADC his roll to combo afterwards.

Hands increments in levels: 4 hits, 7 hits, 10 hits, and so on. But like it's impossible to do 5 hits unless you get pushed out of range. So i did the 7 hit versions against Abel because that's pretty much the best i could do, since he can't do 3 reps of s.MK xx HP hands against anyone. He comes close but it just doesn't reach. Anyway the 7 hit version works against Abel and Dhalsim, and to a lesser extent Balrog.
Also, like the double hits during your chicken wings to scale stunning enough so that Seth would stun, i presume you was going for big numbers, i know that with all High punches that combo (Minus the extras you did) easily breaks 1,000 on the stun metre, but i'd guess if you did that on Abel you would have had to do less hits to get stun.
Yeah i started out against Abel but Fei Long can't connect close s.LP, close s.MP/s.HP against him. He keeps getting the far versions, so Seth is a better dummy. I posted about it earlier in this thread, when i decided to switch to Seth. The numbers just work out better against him. Unfortunately there was no way to combo all three hits of the last chickenwing because the dizzy numbers don't allow it.

Tigre III wrote:The vid is great, the Gen combo using the Dhalsim´s Ultra is very creative. The trade set up to connect Oga was very nice, Im surprissed Maj not connect first the jHK (KKK style) and then Ultra, maybe dont work in this case?
The first hit of KKK:j.HK has no juggle potential and unfortunately you can't get the second hit to come out unless the first hit touches the opponent. Otherwise i would've included it. Same deal with upkicks.

Xenozip. wrote:It'd be kind of interesting to see a fireball interrupt during an ultra that somehow built enough meter for.. another ultra.
There aren't enough projectile ultras in the game to make this work. Dhalsim might be able to do it but there wouldn't be any benefit whatsoever over using Rog's Final TAP as the recharge trigger. I guess theoretically you could have some super fancy setup where Dhalsim throws an ultra which somehow doesn't knock down then he starts doing s.HP over and over as another Sim ultra interrupts him every time from behind, but the hitstun numbers on that are helluva far from working. Sim's hard normals are all slow as hell, plus Yoga Catastrophe causes longer hitstun than normal projectiles.

Bison's probably the only one with a legitimate shot at making this useful. But he's gotta wait his turn, haha.
SlimX

Post by SlimX »

His turn! Har har har!
"Man, you being proud of me got in the way, bitch!"
Maj

Post by Maj »

Damn it, another way to combo into Rose's upgrab didn't work.

So while i was testing Gen, i discovered that he can kill someone with the last hit of 4-hit hands (which knocks them down obviously), then switch stances and juggle with KKK:c.LK and if he cancels that into EX Focus Attack, it still connects. As we all know, juggling with KKK:c.LK doesn't create another free juggle state so non-knockdown KO knockdown must be a special case, kinda like falling over after Focus Attack crumple stun.

Of course the next logical step is to test whether it has the same airthrow vulnerability. Rose can kill someone with s.MP or s.HK or any non-light attack and as long as they were on the ground when it connects, she can buffer into airgrab and ... it still doesn't connect post-KO. You can't use light attacks because those cause crumple stun instead of launching them into the air.

Weaksauce.

You aren't allowed to execute normal airthrows after KO and you can't even execute special move followups like Cammy's Hooligan grab or Vega's wall dives, so there's no other way to test this concept. Even if Rose's doesn't work only because of a hitbox placement issue, it still can't be helped. She's got the only automatic airthrow in the game.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

lol, that sucks... I heard in SSFIV they're stopping people from doing anything post KO. I hope it's not true.

Also i found an obvious & easy way to clearly show that Fei longs 2nd hit (& most likely 4th) hit doesn't hit air... Somply do FA lvl 3 backdash & ultra, it clearly hits but nothing happens.

---

&maj, isn't Fuertes an autograb?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

What do you guys mean with auto grab? Soul throw is the only AA throw that is a true grab, so that you can't combo into it efen from float juggle, and you can't get a younterhit with it. you can do c.MK (KO) xx DP+K with fuerte btw. IIRC.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Pokey86 wrote:I heard in SSFIV they're stopping people from doing anything post KO. I hope it's not true.
In the last Q&A with Shiozawa, she said you can hit them after the KO now. They took it out in some beta versions, but it's back.
Maj

Post by Maj »

"Autograb" i just mean throws without additional inputs. (It's not a real term or anything.) Vega's, Cammy's, demon flips, etc. require additional inputs to do the grabs, which aren't accepted after KO. Fuerte (and Abel) can do their antiair grabs after KO, but those are hits, not true throws.

And to be perfectly honest, i couldn't care less about 99% of SSF4 "reports" at the moment. Any one of us can find more about that game in one day than we could by following amateur hour news for a month.
onReload

Post by onReload »

My favorite is the people who are not only finding all sortsa shit, but the ones who place them in an invisible tier list.
error1

Post by error1 »

I don't understand why you would need a tier list, Dudley is clearly the best
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Maj wrote:And to be perfectly honest, i couldn't care less about 99% of SSF4 "reports" at the moment. Any one of us can find more about that game in one day than we could by following amateur hour news for a month.
Yeah it's been weird following some of this discussion, I'm interested up until a certain point, but people are giving specific info that doesn't sound right / could easily be changed / may not be in the final version. The 1UP game night with S-Kill, Haunts, A-Rival and Magus1234 had some interesting stuff, nothing too crazy but it's cool to see the type of things they mess around with in training mode.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yeah if it's stuff in training mode then I'm interested, as long as it's captured well...I just don't like the big chunks of text about the characters, 'cause I always picture the dumbest shit possible
Maj

Post by Maj »

Wow, i just looked and literally every episode is on nicovideo somehow:

http://tokka.s59.coreserver.jp/search/s ... ode=search

Quality's even worse than u2b but you can still tell what's going on. I wonder if anyone makes money off those ads, but whatever, doesn't look like most of 'em are getting any views anyway. Why does Japan keep using nico when u2b clearly has better terrible video quality?
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

u2b clearly has better terrible video quality?
i lol'd.
c.MK (KO) xx DP+K with fuerte btw. IIRC.
Yeah that slipped my mind it'smore of a hit (Close HK -> Grab)
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Maj, i thought you were going to put me at special thanks after seing that 2 combos/ideas with fei long are from my combo vid :( (Trading ultra with soul spark and comboing super after, and st.mp fadc lp~st.mp repeat.)
Sad puppy..Ugh... i mean hedgehog :(
error1

Post by error1 »

pretty sure he just thanks people at random, it's a lot easier then keeping track of who told him what. Your sure to be thanked eventually
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Smileymike101 wrote:Maj, i thought you were going to put me at special thanks after seing that 2 combos/ideas with fei long are from my combo vid :( (Trading ultra with soul spark and comboing super after, and st.mp fadc lp~st.mp repeat.)
Sad puppy..Ugh... i mean hedgehog :(

I don't think people should be thanked on the basis of a combo idea... I mean he thanked me but if he didn't i wouldn't have been to fussed. I mean just because i recorded Feis HP -> Chicken wing loop on Abel a while ago whether he remember or not doesn't matter. For one Maj clearly knows how to think out of the box, i mean the Fei trade on his super is pretty tame when you consider some of the other stuff he's done. & the Chicken wing loop is pretty obvious when you consider it used to be an infinite not long back. In retrospect, i'm not quite sure why he thanked me? did i contribute to that video in any way? (I might have done i tend to forget what i post from time to time)

That said, didn't you get thanked on one prior to this? I'm 90% sure you did :P

Why don't you get back at him by not thanking him on a later vid you do :P
Maj

Post by Maj »

Smileymike101 wrote:Maj, i thought you were going to put me at special thanks after seing that 2 combos/ideas with fei long are from my combo vid :(
Yeah i just thank people once in the series and consider it one unified project. Otherwise i'd have to thank MrWizard for the majority of episodes while i was borrowing his PS3 and have to thank jchensor every episode for using the animated Sonic Hurricane logo he designed for the 2HitCombo vid.

But i don't mind adding a link to your vid in the transcript for the flame kick thing since i hadn't done any experimenting with it before i saw yours. I'd tried the ultra trade thing before and noticed the odd s.MP data while working on Cammy but she didn't need to use it because she had fast enough walk speed to link two on Seth without FADC.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

...Wow, I take notice you put us at the special thanks in the Gouken one... And We dont know exactly why! LOL thanks man! :P

PD: Hahahahaha... Krusan dont has the SF4 game, he never has played that game, he says its smashing for him! :lol:
I suppose the reason is because we are Combonauts, we know... But still is funny for Krusan! hehehehe...
Maj

Post by Maj »

Oh i just liked your Gouken vid a lot and used it as a reference for some things. Both of your names were in it, so even though i knew it was mostly done by you, i figured he must have contributed somehow. Plus the discussion in this thread is always helpful.

Usually when i start working on a character, i have like 4 or 5 ideas for combos and then like 2 or 3 of them work out. Then i rewatch all the combovids i can find for that character and look for some detail that i can develop further to add like 1 or 2 more combos to the episode. I mean if i was researching everything by myself in a vacuum, most of these vids definitely wouldn't turn out as good. But that's what makes SF4 interesting. The community is big so there's a lot more activity and advancement than there was for CFE for example.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Ah ok, thanks again then...
Yes, I had worked more in the Gouken vid than Krusan, but thats because I have the game and he dont, hahaha. But prepare yourself, Krusan finally has adquired one XBOX 360!!! :shock: Welcome to the new generation Krusan! (finally!!! his poor PS2 was about to become on fire! ) Im scared about the insane mind of Krusan will do it with a non-10-year-game... (internal joke, sorry)
Well, if you decide in a future to put us at special thanks (all its possible :D ) you can put both names or simply Combonauts, both options are good. Inside this forum I can say that I made this vid, but we dont want to work separated, and all the videos are signed together.. Although only one has worked in one video, we will always sign like Combonauts (perfect for me, Krusan makes very many combos than me! heheheh)
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I found this extremely sexy hard solution to the current challenge with Sakura:

j.HP
c.LP
s.HP
LK Tatsu
Far s.LP
c.MP
Hadoken
s.MK
(LK tatsu)
c.HP
(LK Tatsu)
c.LK
s.LK (<- 1-frame link, which will chain if you do it too early ;_;)
(EX Tatsu)
LP shouoken
Sakura Otoshi (1)
Sakura Otoshi (2)
Sakura Otoshi (3)

Now I just have to record it X.x I have done from j.HP to LP shouoken once, and from c.LK to the finish once, that would mean that the whole thing will work, right?

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

That combo pwns... Gotta do it by hand or are you equipped with TA's?
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Good old fashinoed hand way.It makes it even more sweet.Except when people don't give two shits about a combo you worked 2 days on...
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Smileymike101 wrote:Good old fashinoed hand way.It makes it even more sweet.Except when people don't give two shits about a combo you worked 2 days on...

Yeah i got to say i had a great level of satisfaction when i did that Fei long Chicken wing look (With the MK Flame finish) i was glad i hit it. Chicken wings input is so shit for mid combo inputs with 1 frame links to contend with

good luck doopliss, that LK -> LK link is gonna be the bane of your existence i imagine :P
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Nope, it's the LK tatsu -> c.HP, the LP shouoken -> Sakura Otoshi, and the c.MP is very inconsistent. c.LK -> s.LK xx EX Tatsu is surprisingly easy, the frame data might be wrong. Problem is, I donät think I will be able to record this, with all the LK tatsu links, because of the slight slow-down :/ might try on 360 with the capture card instead though.

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Wait, you were trying 1-frame links on PC?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

It's 2-frame with pinking.If you mean c.LK -> s.LK, It's an easy timing. I do all my stuff on PC, but I do not use the keyboard if that was what you thought :P Atm, I use the 360 controller, because my fightpad is broken. Btw, It's on Crouching Abel if you want to give it a shot.

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Doopliss wrote:Nope, it's the LK tatsu -> c.HP, the LP shouoken -> Sakura Otoshi, and the c.MP is very inconsistent. c.LK -> s.LK xx EX Tatsu is surprisingly easy, the frame data might be wrong. Problem is, I donät think I will be able to record this, with all the LK tatsu links, because of the slight slow-down :/ might try on 360 with the capture card instead though.

Wait, LP SRK -> Otoshi

i didn't notice that, no HP SRK FADC... I didn't even think you could do LP SRK to Otoshi without FA...

lol good luck
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I saw it in a video a long time ago. The timing is really weird and strict. I got the whole combo to work now, now I only have to record it ^^'

Maj

Post by Maj »

22 Video Responses overnight! Not bad, right?

Gonna take forever to count them all.