Something I thought was weird in 3s

talk about how great training mode is
laugh

Something I thought was weird in 3s

Post by laugh »

I was watching the lastest 3s ranbat video from Gvision today when I noticed something weird during the KO vs Ochibi match.

In round 2, Ochibi takes the round by throwing KO when Ochibi's Geneijin was almost drained. He gets the special KO flash effect because he activated the throw during Geneijin, but what I thought was broken is he still gets meter for it. That just seemed really broken to me. I know he gets meter because 3s tends to give you meter after you've done a move as oppossed to giving you the meter right away on the 1st frame of the move like they do in alpha/cvs series, but still you got the special KO effects. So broken.:evil:

I think my mind is too set in games like ST, alpha, cvs2 to think that's fair. Either that or I've been raped by Yuns too much to be tolerant about things like this.

I wonder what happens if you KO someone with a Blanka ball you executed right befure your A groove activation runs out. I know for sure it'll build meter upon impact, but i don't think it'll give you the custom combo finish KO effects in the background.
CC that shit
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha, yeah, that is definately adding insult to injury. Losing to training mode isn't fun. Yun is definately one of those characters that makes it difficult to play the game casually. Either you gotta be ok with losing every time a Yun player steps up, or you gotta put in the time to learn how to deal with that shit. It's not like learning how to beat Yun is going to teach you anything except how to beat Yun. Conversely, getting really good at the rest of 3S isn't going to help much you against Yun. It's annoying. But there are a lot of really cool matchups in 3S as well, so them's the breaks.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Hmm..

Personally I would say that Makoto makes you play differently more-so than you would against any other character. It is necessary to play against Makoto differently, where-as it is not necessary against other characters. Meaning you could have the same play-style and tactics against anyone in the cast, except Makoto.

Having never played either, there are only a few things you need to relearn in order to adapt to Yun. Makoto, several.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

I agree with xeno, yun is hard, makoto is a different game. If you are at all in frame disadvantage and she dashes at you you are fucked, you can guess she'll grab you and jump away, which doesn't get you grabbed but it does make it so you just reset the match again and you get to go through the same scenario you were just in as she recovers from her grab so fast she can still try and dash in after you to continue pressure, or in certain situations ex hayate after you and hit you out of the air (it only happened to me once, and it was hard to tell if I was in the air or not, but still, dumb) Or if she thinks you'll jump she can jump too and fierce you outta the air and the dash in for another mixup of grab or low short, or jump fierce.

Blah I hate her soo much Such a bad match for necro. Yun is hard for him, I feel like when I win against a makoto of equal skill I just got damn lucky not like I outplayed just like they fucked up.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Makes me think of the time I told Paul Lee that if I learned Third Strike that I would play Makoto. He gave me a really disgusted face and said, "Oh, don't play her! She's so ghetto! She's just a walking 50/50 game!"
Thongboy Bebop

Post by Thongboy Bebop »

Having played Mak v Nec literally several hundred times (Thanks Mike!), the best strategy I've come up with is:

Pick Chun.

N - No, really.
"If you lose any more weight I'm sending you to rehab." -- My Mother
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Basically, yes.

First, mindlessly rush in with: Dash / Jump / whiff-punish with qcf+P Hayate

Then:
1) Grab
2) Tick -> Grab
3) Tick -> Tick -> Grab
4) Block
5) Option-parry -> Throw
6) Tick -> Option-parry -> Tick/Throw/Grab

Randomly select from 1-6 each time you're point blank with frame advantage after the first step. There you go, that's how you play Makoto. It's roulette, and it's in her favor.

Her jump MK is stupid good, her air qcb+K is stupid good, her c.MK is stupid good, her standing MP is stupid good, her dash is absolutely retardedly good, and her supers are ridiculous. She's basically a very stupid character. But what really makes her "special" is that her whole game revolves around frame-advantage gambles, but pretty much all her useful offensive tools give her huge frame advantage. Due to frame advantage; If your opponent guesses wrong they either eat a 'meaty' while trying to escape, or eat a throw/grab while trying to block or parry your meaty.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.