Tigre III

Dante's infinite combo without X-Factor

Post by Tigre III »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvWtuacGICY

An infinite with Dante in the corner.
Raine

Re: Dante´s infinite combo without X-Factor

Post by Raine »

Oh very nice discovery. I think it's extra funny because of Dante's reputation for having incredibly long and complex combos. :D

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for MvC3 Zero Damage, I'm sure it will be awesome.
wolverine-master

Re: Dante's infinite combo without X-Factor

Post by wolverine-master »

thats so godlike. sweet discovery.
Tigre III

Re: Dante´s infinite combo without X-Factor

Post by Tigre III »

Remxi wrote:Oh very nice discovery. I think it's extra funny because of Dante's reputation for having incredibly long and complex combos. :D

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for MvC3 Zero Damage, I'm sure it will be awesome.

Yeah, this infinite with Dante, is... Ironic.

The Zero Damage vid is only a project for now (we have only 2 or 3 clips recorded) and its so hard to make it because the game is still so new... We must test A LOT OF stuff... And MVC3 has a different engine than SSF4, so we have to approach it differently. But, yes, we already have 3 or 4 very interesting "evade moments" ...
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

I really love how people act... They have tried, and when they have not succeeded... "Hey, its already patched", because "i cannot do it"... Logically.
Even SRK say it... So must be true... :D
onReload

Post by onReload »

I tried to help my friend do it...do you have any tips, or is it basically to mash H as much as you can?
Persona

Post by Persona »

Without turbo, I can't do it.

With turbo, I still can't do it.

Tried it on Tron Bonne.

I started it off a jump S if it matters.

I'm on ver. 1.03 and I doubt it's a patch since PSN Asia is still down AFAIK. What version are you guys on? I'm using the PS3 version.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

We use the Xbox version, and we always patch console/games when the online displays the message...
Well, I think that MODOK is the best char for this infinite, because all set ups works on him.
If you dont have turbo, is REALLY HARD to execute, so... Better try it with turbo.
Tips:
Use the faster turbo, if you have two positions, the second does not work.
The distance is very important. For example, if you use the air Special set up, you must start the move after seeing he cleary arrives to the final of the screen. But i think that this set up is the worst. The BnB combo and the grab are better.
There are more set ups, for example, in the corner, st.S->cancel with H (vertical shots) and then the infinite. But always closest to the dummy.
Another very important thing is that Dante must make ONLY the shots. If you see that he crouch for a milisecond, or anything between shots, you will fail. Its essential that you hold the down forward continuosly, with the turbo button. The true is that is more easy than you think, with the correct distance, the correct set up and the correct dummy...
Works on Tron,amaterasu, Joe, MODOK, Arthur and i guess Suma (we cannot test it, because we dont have this char...)
You can cancel it with THC or Stinger (forward+H). And still works today.
Persona

Post by Persona »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=37XG88GV

This is the results I get. From my video, you can see that MODOK becomes heavier. Am I doing something wrong? I'm holding df and H the whole time.

EDIT: Okay I rewatched your vid and it seems your turbo is faster than mine. Even with both turbo speeds, Dante is still too slow. :(
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Its just what i was talking, look at Dante, he is crouching just one or two frames... Yeah, its possible that your turbo is not so faster than our turbos. We have 2 Madcatz arcade sticks (tournament edition).
So you can see that this infinite is REALLY HARD to do without turbo, i guess that nobody can perform it only with handskill (especially because i think that you can only perform this move mashing a single one button)
I dont know if Capcom will patch this... Nobody is going to use this in a tournament, but online... A lot of people use turbo :?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Tigre III wrote:So you can see that this infinite is REALLY HARD to do without turbo, i guess that nobody can perform it only with handskill (especially because i think that you can only perform this move mashing a single one button)
HAPP buttons (of all things) have SPDT microswitches, so it's pretty easy to wire two of them 2-way

MadCatz TEs are only about 25Hz, BTW, and the theoretical max is 30.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Maybe 25Hz is the max on PAL versions?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Maj wrote:Maybe 25Hz is the max on PAL versions?
Possible. Don't get me started on frame rates on Xbox360.