Majestic Screenshot Gallery

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Re: Majestic Screenshot Gallery

Post by Maj »

And now, a public service announcement:
Staying Safe in the Marvel Universe: Lesson 1: Kill It with Fire!

Image ~~~ Image

The first is MSF Dhalsim's air Yoga Inferno against Blackheart and Shuma Gorath's Variable Combination initiated with Blackheart's air Judgment Day via the CYODS glitch, explained in NKI's Tutorial 001 (it works the same way in MSF as in XSF). The second is MvC Captain Commando's HP air Captain Fire and transformed Mega Zangief's HP Vodka Fire during Variable Cross against Red Venom and Venom's Variable Combination.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Blackheart can help anyone look cooler ... for a price. (The recipient of Blackheart's generosity tends to get hit in the process.)

Image ~~~ Image

The first is MSF Ryu's Shin Shoryuken against Blackheart's LP Inferno and the second is MSF Ken's Shinryuken against Blackheart's MP Inferno.
desk

Post by desk »

Those last 2 are awesome. Cool idea and the ken one in particular looks pixel perfect, like the effect was meant to be there.

I didn't want to post random responses because I thought it would clutter up the thread but since it's ok. I really like this because it's like having a combo vid inside a thread.

I want to see shinji in here showcasing some EX3 stuff :)
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

From TH 7.5 (Immaterial and Missing Power)

Patchouli wants Suika to read a motherfucking book.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Image ~~~ Image

First is from Samurai Shodown 5-SP. Jubei is groping Suija in inappropriate ways. Which looks even more amusing because Suija has those bracelets that appear like cuffs, and Jubei has his sword posed in a threatening manner.

Second is from an older version of TH 10.5 (Scarlet Weather Rhapsody), back when Remilia's chain alt.skill card acted differently, so unfortunately I think I'd have to patch back in order to reproduce a full screen shot of this. It would appear that Remilia has enslaved Reisen.
Maj

Post by Maj »

desk wrote:Those last 2 are awesome. Cool idea and the ken one in particular looks pixel perfect, like the effect was meant to be there.
Both Inferno shots took kind of a lot of work. Blackheart has to dash under Ryu while using Mephisto assist as a dummy to get Shinsho to animate fully. Ken's is tricky because MSF Blackheart's MP Inferno targets with the outer edge seeking the opponent, probably to increase its defensive effectiveness. The closer you get to Blackheart, the further back he pulls the Inferno, so Ken had to wavedash into it during startup and only barely made it to the center without a frame to spare.

Xenozip. wrote:Patchouli wants Suika to read a motherfucking book.
Hahaha, that is awesome!
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Image ~~~ Image

Both from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. First, Vanillia Ice emerges from his Cream stand while Mariah powers up her boobs for her metal flurry super, with the Bastet stand floating above her. Second, Vanillia Ice poses while Cream howls and claws at Kakyoin who is posing oddly with Heirophant Green.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Image ~~~ Image

Both from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, again. Midler's stand, the High Priestess, likes to eat puppies. We see Iggy getting bit and chomped (his Fool stand currently inactive).
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Heh, I kinda wanna post a few animated gifs in here. What say ye?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Xenozip. wrote:Both from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. First, Vanillia Ice emerges from his Cream stand while Mariah powers up her boobs for her metal flurry super, with the Bastet stand floating above her.
Haha, i feel like we're one beat away from posting screenshots of WW Chun's SBK.

Jojo's is a dope series though, even if it's ultimately broken beyond repair. Of course i don't know nearly enough about it to understand most Japanese combo or match videos, but i do have some experience/appreciation for it from making all those 2-hit combos back in the day. My favorite thing about that game is Hol Horse's Saikyou no Konbi super where he shoots the screen, then the Hanged Man crawls out and stabs the opponent. I love the way that whole sequence is animated.
Xenozip. wrote:Heh, I kinda wanna post a few animated gifs in here. What say ye?
It's probably better to keep it simple in here and start another thread for animated GIFs. Maybe call it the "Xenomorphic Animation Gallery" or something? Also it's a good idea to lower the limit to one image per post, since twenty animations on a single page is more likely to get out of hand.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Heh, I was actually going to post a screen of Hol Horse hitting Jotaro with that super, earlier, but then I was like "nah, it looks so much cooler animated anyway".
Maj

Post by Maj »

Given sufficient meter, Cyclops can stage quite the light show with a little fancy aiming.

Image ~~~ Image

The first is COTA Cyclops' Mega Optic Blast against Cyclops' air Super Optic Blast. The second is MSF Cyclops' Super Optic Blast against Cyclops' air Super Optic Blast. Interceptable beam supers are incredibly uncommon in the Marvel series. Usually opposing beams ignore each other outright, the characters trade (several) hits, get knocked down, and then both beams disappear.
Maj

Post by Maj »

On the flipside, Cyclops is the biggest overactor ever to appear in a Capcom game.

Image ~~~ Image

The first is MSF Cyclops' Mega Optic Blast opposite Cyclops' Super Optic Blast - both are startup frames which depict him expending an absurd amount of effort to open a tiny little visor. How much exertion does that actually require? In fact all Cyclops ever has to do is push a little button to open his visor, then look directly at stuff that needs to be shot. Yet somehow he always tries to pose like he's pulling off the most intense martial arts maneuvers ever. When he runs out of those moves, he steals from Elvis. The second is a recovery frame from MSF Cyclops' F+HK throw. Even Peter Parker is alarmed.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Xenozip. wrote:Heh, I was actually going to post a screen of Hol Horse hitting Jotaro with that super, earlier, but then I was like "nah, it looks so much cooler animated anyway".
Haha, sweet. Yeah that thing is definitely cool enough to warrant a separate thread in its honor. However it probably wouldn't grow very quickly because most people (including me) are way too lazy/unskilled to make decent-looking animated GIFs.

But still, why not? By all means, go for it.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

You're stupid. Don't you know anything about how strong Cyclops' lasers are? He needs to get into position to brace himself for the pushback that his super has. If he wasn't in that stance he'd get knocked back into a mountain. Luckily for him, his eye beams can destroy mountains.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Which is exactly why his ground throw (pointed up) into his airthrow (pointed down) looks so cool, it pushes not only the foe into the floor, it also pushes Cyc upwards.
Maj

Post by Maj »

How do you stop the opponent from flipping out after the upwards F+MP ground throw? Gotta use the van or something? Speaking of the van, you guys should try MSF Captain America's Final Justice with his back to the corner next to the van, with the opponent at point blank range. Looks kinda crazy, especially with the mandatory MSF super background hiding the entire stage.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Oh it's probably invalid, but it looks fucking cool.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Wrapping up the Marvel series presentation, here is a collection of eerie (not really) mysterious (not really) silhouettes.

Image ~~~ Image

The first is COTA Iceman's j.HP (with Ice Fist in effect) opposite Spiral's Metamorphosis (with Dancing Swords in effect). Iceman turns white for one or two frames every second or so, due to his natural glimmer cycle. Spiral flickers black and white while initiating her super, and the extra pair of sword sets were thrown as downward projectiles from way up after the previous glass floor broke. The second is MSF Dan's HP DP, which flickers white at startup every fourth iteration, opposite Armor Spider-Man's s.HP, colorless because his super armor absorbed Dan's s.LP right before the screenshot.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Ladies (humor me) and gentlemen, without further ado, the Street Fighter Alpha series.

Image ~~~ Image

The first is MvC Megaman's air Hyper Megaman against Roll's air Hyper Roll. The second is SFA3 V-Rose tech flipping while X-Dhalsim Teleports. One of Dhalsim's fire attacks could've been used to knock Rose down, which would superimpose flames over Rose's silhouette, but that didn't look very good.
NKI

Post by NKI »

ZenFire wrote:Wait, what? what is this? It's new to me!
In Super Turbo, they messed up when programming O.Dic's st.Fierce...it has that glitchy animation for a split second. You can see it with the naked eye, but it goes by quickly.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Epic Super Clash: Episode 6!
(Street Fighter Alpha)

Image ~~~ Image

The first is SFA Ryu's lvl3 Shinkuu Hadoken trading hits with Sagat's lvl3 Tiger Raid. The second is SFA Sodom's lvl3 Mega Power Bomb against Birdie's lvl3 Bull Revenger (punch version).

NKI wrote:In Super Turbo, they messed up when programming O.Dic's st.Fierce...it has that glitchy animation for a split second. You can see it with the naked eye, but it goes by quickly.
Crazy, i didn't know about that either. Wonder how it's gonna look in STHDR's Classic Mode - if they're gonna make any references at all to trivia like this.
Maj

Re: Random Lazy Questions

Post by Maj »

Epic Super Clash: Episode 7!
(Street Fighter Alpha 2)

Image ~~~ Image

The first is SFA2 Chun Li's lvl3 Kikosho against Sakura's lvl3 Shinkuu Hadoken, which gets completely obliterated almost instantly upon contact. The second is SFA2 Adon's lvl3 Jaguar Revolver against Rolento's lvl3 Mine Sweeper.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Epic Super Clash: Episode 8!
(Street Fighter Alpha 3)

Image ~~~ Image

The first is SFA3 A-Blanka's lvl3 Tropical Hazard against A-Honda's lvl3 Fuji Oroshi. The second is SFA3 A-Vega's lvl3 Rolling Barcelona Attack soaring above X-Juni's lvl3 Psycho Streak.
NKI

Post by NKI »

Some pics from Volume IX. These are all shots of the frame before the sunburst of a super combo kill.

NKI

Post by NKI »

Also from Volume IX, this is just to show how stupidly far away that erroneous hit-box is on Hawk's cr.Strong.

Maj

Post by Maj »

What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Street Fighter Alpha? Alpha Counters!

Image ~~~ Image

The first is SFA Akuma's Alpha Counter triggered by Charlie's LP Sonic Boom opposite Charlie's Alpha Counter triggered by Akuma's LP air FB. The second is SFA2 Rose's punch Alpha Counter triggered by Sagat's LK Ground Tiger Shot opposite Sagat's kick Alpha Counter triggered by his own LP Tiger Shot returned by Rose's MP Soul Reflect.

NKI wrote:Some pics from Volume IX. These are all shots of the frame before the sunburst of a super combo kill.
The Chun Li one is dope. With the possible exception of Cammy's stage, all of the SSF2 New Challengers' backgrounds have too many colors. You almost have to do something flashy like this in order to draw attention away from the rainbow overkill.

P.S. How come they're so gigantic?
NKI

Post by NKI »

Maj wrote:P.S. How come they're so gigantic?
A good question, to which I have no good answer.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Well, ours were done probably with an emulator that captured the source output video as a picture file.

His aspect ratio is just doubled so he probably got it from a video stream or screen cap.
Last edited by Xenozip. on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maj

Post by Maj »

What's the other first thing that comes to mind when you think of SFA? Damage!

Image ~~~ Image

The first is SFA Rose's lvl3 Aura Soul Spark reflecting Ryu's lvl3 Shinkuu Hadoken. The second is SFA Bison's s.MK xx lvl1 Psycho Crusher killing both Ryu and Ken in Dramatic Battle mode. The super meters are gone because the super KO explosion is about to happen. It would have looked cooler if i could get Bison to do lvl3 Psycho Crusher, but for some reason Dramatic Battle Bison is helluva stingy with meter.